Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Beautiful flowers

We've been living in our house since last October. The landscaping is AWFUL!!! It certainly has potential, but it was left a big, giant mess, and we've been stuck with it. We're slowly, very slowly, making improvements, but the time and the money required are not easy to come by these days :) However, we discovered beauty in the mess. This spring/summer has brought out some pretty beautiful flowers! We didn't know that a lot of these flowers were here, and while we knew that we were going to get roses, we certainly didn't know what they would look like. So, as the flowers started blooming, I found a rose bush with amazing orange and yellow blooms on it. I kept hinting to Nigel that when more started to bloom, he should cut them and put them in a vase for me! He did that, and then he went above and beyond. He went around the whole yard and cut the most beautiful flowers and then put them all in the vase. He didn't even say a word about it, didn't even want any credit. I didn't even notice for a while, but when I looked, I was in love :) My husband still shocks me, and this beautiful flower arrangement is my all-time favorite. After being together for nearly 10 years, my favorite gifts are still the ones that don't cost a single penny, but took the most time and thought. Nigel, I love you, and these flowers made my year :) They were beautiful, thoughtful, and perfect. Thank you!



My favorite of the bunch, the roses that are orange and yellow. So pretty, huh?
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Hetrick family said...

SO PRETTY!! Nice work Nig!! Hard for these men to get it's the thought that counts. Probably because for them "getting" to buy something feels like Christmas :):)