Well, I don't usually post about me, but I did something that I would never have thought that I would have done and I REALLY want to share it all with you......
I finished a Half Marathon! That's right, 13.1 miles! Done! It took me 2 hours and 48 minutes, averaging 12:50 minute miles. That, for me, is incredible, considering that I walked about 1/2 of the race and had to cut my training way short after some pretty serious knee pain a couple of weeks after starting my training plan! I am so incredibly happy that I did it and I actually can't wait to do another one! It was a wonderful experience, one that I can't wait to do over and over. And, I would like to work on cutting down my time and actually running the entire distance. Here are a few pictures of our weekend....I did this Half Marathon in Eugene, OR with my sister and my good friend, Stephanie. We stayed the night before and got a little rest in before the race.
Here we are, all icing our injuries the night before the race =)

This is the morning of, bright and early, before we walked down to the starting line.
I finished a Half Marathon! That's right, 13.1 miles! Done! It took me 2 hours and 48 minutes, averaging 12:50 minute miles. That, for me, is incredible, considering that I walked about 1/2 of the race and had to cut my training way short after some pretty serious knee pain a couple of weeks after starting my training plan! I am so incredibly happy that I did it and I actually can't wait to do another one! It was a wonderful experience, one that I can't wait to do over and over. And, I would like to work on cutting down my time and actually running the entire distance. Here are a few pictures of our weekend....I did this Half Marathon in Eugene, OR with my sister and my good friend, Stephanie. We stayed the night before and got a little rest in before the race.
Here we are, all icing our injuries the night before the race =)

This is the morning of, bright and early, before we walked down to the starting line.




2 comments:
Two things:
1. So so so proud of you. With the knee injury you could have said "next time" and quit. I think it is awesome you are taking time for yourself and focusing on a few of your goals!
2. Posts about you make me miss you more. Seeing your face....:( :( Sad sad sad. I miss my best friend.
Ok 3 things.
3. I love the turtle ticker but there is no way you have 58 pounds to lose, so cut it out!
Post a Comment